If you want an environmentally friendly dish detergent in a convenient package, Ecover Dishwasher Tablets might be the product for you. It isn't the toughest dish detergent you'll ever use, but it is simple to use with its pre-measured portions. I was a little disappointed with streaks on my glassware, but the dishes were truly clean. Using a rinse aid would probably help as well.
Ecover's dishwasher tablets combine the ability to be ecologically friendly with convenience. 25 pre-measured and individually wrapped tablets have the power to remove stains and stuck food without phosphates, chlorine, and other chemical residues. With an oxygen bleach included, the tablets can really clean tough tomato stains, and lift dirt from dishes.
Ecover's rinse aid needs to be used as well to keep spots and smears from glasses, which was rather disappointing, since it is another thing to be bought and used.
- Contains (1) box, with 45 individual tabs of dishwasher soap inside
- Plant based & mineral automatic dishwasher tabs.
- Powers away stuck on food & gets dishes sparkling clean.
- Made with renewable plant based & mineral ingredients.
- Biodegradable, phosphate free formula. Never tested on animals
Ecover Dishwasher Tablets Review Depth
- Scrape dishes thoroughly. I had some trouble with a few dishes coming clean, but they were dishes that I hadn't scraped very well.
- Remove the wrapper from the Ecover Dishwasher Tablets. This was another annoying aspect of the product. The wrappers were very difficult to open, especially if your hands were wet.
- Place one tablet in dispenser or cutlery basket.
- Run the machine and use Ecover Rinse Aid.
Pros of Ecover Automatic Dishwasher
- Easy pre-measured tablet to drop in dispenser or cutlery basket.
- Contains no bleach or phosphates. Leaves no chemical residue on dishes. This is a huge bonus for those looking for products that protect the environment.
- One tablet cleans a load of moderately dirty dishes. There was never a need to double up on the tablets in all of my trials.
- Includes an oxygen bleach to tackle tough stains on your dirty dishes..
Cons of Ecover Automatic Dishwasher
- Needs to be used in conjunction with Ecover's Rinse Aid to be completely effective.
- I hated the fact that each individual tablet was wrapped in plastic that needed to be torn away.
Guide Review - Ecover Dishwasher Tablets
Ecover's Dishwasher Tablets are easy. The side of the box has a pop out section that allows the tablets to be easily accessed. Open the individual tablet and pop it into the dishwasher, and your done. No measuring, pouring, or overusing involved. The tablet dissolved well, but the glasses showed the need for Ecover's rinse aid to be used as well. In addition to cleaning, Ecover Dishwasher Tablets use plant based ingredients, leaving no chemicals or residue on your dishes. Ecover includes no artificial fragrances, phosphates, or chlorine bleach.
Ecover's cleaners biodegrade well and cause no problems for marine and river life. Unfortunately I don't think these will stand up well to tougher dishes. They had a little trouble with some plates that had moderately stuck on food. I also hate the idea that a rinse aid is a complete necessity to keep my glassware looking clean and streak free.
That being said, it can be difficult to find a green cleaner that is also convenient. For that alone, Ecover gets a lot of bonus points. Those who want a greener dish detergent can still have a simple to use product without abandoning their love of the environment. With Ecover, I am impressed by their ability to combine the best of convenience with principles of green living.